Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CMA Music Fest - Toby Keith Sessions - Frankie Ballard


Hey everyone,

 

It's been a while since I posted.  I've been very busy for the last couple months.  I thought I'd take a minute to give you a few highlights.

 

On the session front, I've been having a bunch of fun.  I had a great time singing some harmonies and playing a little banjo for my friend John Lancaster's firs demo session as a songwriter for Wide Open Music.  Of course, singing with his wife and hit songwriter Rachel Proctor is always a treat.  And a few weeks earlier, I joined my horn player compadres Jim Hoke and Bill Huber in cutting a track for the new Toby Keith album.  But the highlight came when I got to record with the honorable Bobby Keys. You know Bobby's saxophone work from Elvis' "Return To Sender" and of couse a long run (since the early 70's) with The Rolling Stones.

 

Nashville just settled down from it's infamous CMA Music Fest (formerly known as Fan Fair).  I was quite busy with events for www.DigitalRodeo.com as well as a ton of performing.  The performance highlight was with Warner Bros. recording artist Frankie Ballard. If you haven't checked Frankie out yet, you should!

 

Last Thursday I had the honor of performing with Sal Gonzalez at the Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville at an event to benefit the Families of Ft. Campbell and www.OperationTroopAid.org The other featured performers were Dustin Wilkes and John Carter.  All three of these artists are veterans having served in Iraq.  It's nice to see that three Marines are willing to support the Army.  We are all on the same team after all! 

 

Finally, I've done a small update to the www.OperationSoundOff.com website.  We are still seeking sponsorships and/or investors to support this worthy cause.  You can listen to Sal Gonzalez's tremendous song, "Heroes" on the home page.  Check it out!

 

Well, that should catch us up.  Hope you're enjoying your summer!


...Scotty

---

http://www.scottyhuff.com/

www.facebook.com/scottyhuff

www.twitter.com/scottyhuff

scottyhuff.blogspot.com